21. AUGUST 2023, 08:00 PM - ELBPHILHARMONIE, GROSSER SAAL
»If you want to know whom I consider to be the greatest living composer, I say without hesitation, Edward Elgar. I place him on an equal footing with my idols Beethoven and Brahms. I wish Elgar would write something for the violin«, said the famous violinist Fritz Kreisler in a newspaper interview in 1905. His wish was granted and five years later, Kreisler performed the premiere of Elgar’s Violin Concerto in London. Together with London’s Philharmonia Orchestra under its chief conductor Santtu-Matias Rouvali, Christian Tetzlaff performs this refined, romantic colossus – a 50-minute work in which the soloist rarely gets a breather. However, the Hamburg violinist is famous for the dedication with which he penetrates to the heart of a piece and brings out the emotions contained in the score.
Christian Tetzlaff violin
conductor Santtu-Matias Rouvali
20. – 22.08. / 21. – 23.08.2023
OUR ELBPHILHARMONIE ARRANGEMENT INCLUDES:
- Two nights in your desired category
- Fontenay Breakfast at Parkview Restaurant
- Shuttle to the Elbphilharmonie and back
- PK1 concert tickets for the concert
- Three-course dinner in the Parkview restaurant excluding drinks
- Use of the Fontenay Spa with 20m indoor/outdoor pool, sauna, and fitness area
- Selection of drinks and snacks from the minibar
- from € 900,- per person in a Fontenay Deluxe Room based on double occupancy
- from € 950,- per person in a Fontenay Premier Room based on double occupancy
- from € 1.250,- per person in an Executive Suite based on double occupancy
- from € 1.450,- per person in a Premier Suite based on double occupancy
- from € 2.400,- per person in a Panorama Suite based on double occupancy
The arrangement is subject to the availability of concert tickets and cannot be cancelled after booking unless the concert is cancelled. A 100% prepayment is required to confirm your reservation. Payment can be made by credit card (via iLink) or by bank transfer.
For reservations, please contact our reservations department directly on 040 605 6605 850 or per email at firstname.lastname@example.org.