A masterpiece of light entertainment
01. January 2024, 8:00 PM – Elbphilharmonie, Großer Saal
Even if rockets are shooting into the sky outside, the biggest fireworks display on New Year's Eve doesn't take place in front of the Elbphilharmonie, but inside. The NDR Elbphilharmonie Orchestra and Choir offer a programme of light music to see the old year out and the new one in. After the witty and sparkling performances of »Die Fledermaus« and »My Fair Lady« in the previous years, tonight's concert features another operetta masterpiece, Offenbach's »Orphée aux enfers«.
Jacques Offenbach's satire of the Greek Orpheus legend was premiered in Paris in 1858, and soon took the world's theatres by storm. No wonder: the story of the unhappy marriage of the singer-songwriter of the ancient world and his beloved Eurydice is not only hilarious – with numbers like the legendary »can-can of hell« it also contains some of the catchiest tunes in music history.
To this day, »Orpheus in the Underworld« remains one of the biggest stage hits of all time. In the Elbphilharmonie, Offenbach's delightful score can be heard on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, with the French conductor Marc Minkowski leading the NDR ensemble and first-class soloists through two exhilarating evenings.
NDR Elbphilharmonie Orchester
Marc Mauillon Orphée
Tamara Bounazou Eurydice
Aude Extrémo Opinion Publique
Éric Huchet Aristée / Pluton
Alexandre Duhamel Jupiter
Adriana Bignagni Lesca Juno
Alix Le Saux Venus
Olivia Doray Diane
Sandrine Buendia Minerve
Sahy Ratia Mercure
Manon Lamaison Cupido
Conductor Marc Minkowski
01. – 03.01.2024
OUR ELBPHILHARMONIE ARRANGEMENT INCLUDES:
- Two nights in your desired category
- Fontenay Breakfast at Parkview Restaurant
- Shuttle to the Elbphilharmonie and back
- PK1 concert tickets for the concert
- Three-course dinner in the Parkview restaurant excluding drinks
- Use of the Fontenay Spa with 20m indoor/outdoor pool, sauna, and fitness area
- Selection of drinks and snacks from the minibar
- from € 950,- per person in a Fontenay Deluxe Room based on double occupancy
- from € 1.000,- per person in a Fontenay Premier Room based on double occupancy
- from € 1.300,- per person in an Executive Suite based on double occupancy
- from € 1.500,- per person in a Premier Suite based on double occupancy
- from € 2.400,- per person in a Panorama Suite based on double occupancy
The arrangement is subject to the availability of concert tickets and cannot be cancelled after booking unless the concert is cancelled. A 100% prepayment is required to confirm your reservation. Payment can be made by credit card (via iLink) or by bank transfer.