09. February 2024, 8:00 PM – Elbphilharmonie, Großer Saal
Richard Strauss's lushly indulgent "Sinfonia domestica", which tells of the composer's family life in a symphonically entertaining way, could be described as a kind of "homestory for orchestra". Who better to bring out the subtleties of such a brilliant score than the Berlin Philharmonic under its principal conductor Kirill Petrenko?
A great role model for Richard Strauss was the composer and pianist Franz Liszt, who between the years 1848 and 1854 wrote "Les Préludes", not only one of his most famous musical poems, but also one of his most effective.
While Liszt embodied the 19th century in its romantic exuberance in pure culture, the Pole Karol Szymanowski combines the tradition from this period with compositional currents of the early 20th century in his First Violin Concerto. Interpreting his solo part is a rewarding task for the celebrated Georgian violin virtuoso Lisa Batiashvili, who will make this atmospheric concerto from 1916 shimmer, sing and blossom.
22. – 24.02. / 23. – 25.02.2024
OUR ELBPHILHARMONIE ARRANGEMENT INCLUDES:
- Two nights in your desired category
- Fontenay Breakfast at Parkview Restaurant
- Shuttle to the Elbphilharmonie and back
- PK1 concert tickets for the concert
- Three-course dinner in the Parkview restaurant excluding drinks
- Use of the Fontenay Spa with 20m indoor/outdoor pool, sauna, and fitness area
- Selection of drinks and snacks from the minibar
- from € 1.000,- per person in a Fontenay Deluxe Room based on double occupancy
- from € 1.050,- per person in a Fontenay Premier Room based on double occupancy
- from € 1.400,- per person in an Executive Suite based on double occupancy
- from € 1.600,- per person in a Premier Suite based on double occupancy
- from € 2.500,- per person in a Panorama Suite based on double occupancy
The arrangement is subject to the availability of concert tickets and cannot be cancelled after booking unless the concert is cancelled. A 100% prepayment is required to confirm your reservation. Payment can be made by credit card (via iLink) or by bank transfer.